In which Annie (high school teacher, mother of two young girls and a younger boy) and her aunt Deborah (children's bookseller, mother of two young women in their 20s) discuss children's books and come up with annotated lists.

Monday, March 12, 2012

The best learning to read books you can't buy in stores

Dear Aunt Debbie,

In your last post, you included the text of one of my mom (your sister)'s awesome first-reader books.  A large reason I love these books, however, has to do with my mom's extremely expressive and wonderful line drawings.  With her permission, and a working scanner, I present to you two complete books: "The Cat and the Cab," and "Am I A Man?"





And the next:






You'll understand if, growing up with these books, I have very high standards for the rest of what's out there.

Love, Annie

1 comment:

  1. Annie's mom is a very talented, creative lady!

    ReplyDelete