In which Annie (high school teacher, mother of two young girls and a younger boy) and her aunt Deborah (children's bookseller, mother of two young women in their 20s) discuss children's books and come up with annotated lists.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Catching up a little

Dear Aunt Debbie,

Apologies for the radio silence this week!  Whole family sickness and second marking period grade calculations and the looming question of where we're sending Eleanor to school next year combined to make it hard for me to see my hand in front of my face.  A quick word now, and then I'll be back on our normal track for Monday.

I'm relieved to hear that both of the books I was worried were out of print are, or will not, be soon.  Whew!  How lovely as well to hear from Sara O'Leary, who has a great blog of her own.

Isabel was down with a fever earlier this week, and read tons and tons of board books with my mom, who stayed home with her -- thank goodness for grandmothers!  We discovered something else wonderful about the Bow-Wow book Bow-Wow hears things, which is that it's a great way for a 14-month old to practice saying the word "No!" very emphatically.  Isabel says it with such glee!


On Monday, I'll write about a couple of the Christmas-themed/getting ready for Christmas books that are in heavy rotation here.  It's coming up on us fast.  For now, though, I'm running out the door to go see Paul Fleischman's new adult play Logomaniacs in Jersey City.  I'll report back.

Love, and more soon,  Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment